Sunday, October 14, 2012

Getting a Little Soulful for a Moment Here...

I read a Pin tonight that said "Pray Hardest When It's Hardest to Pray." I almost called out an Amen right then and there! Why is it so hard to reach out through prayer when life is at a low point sometimes? When life is on the up and up I find it so easy to be thankful to God and praise Him for all the good in my life, but when things start to get a little gray, instead of asking for help I get down and wonder where He is now that I need Him. How selfish and prideful now that I see it in writing! And to be quite honest with my readers, I became angry with God recently because after all of my praying and praising I've actively been doing things were getting worse! I felt like my praying was actually hurting my situation and couldn't understand at the time why God would punish me for being faithful. I even erased my days' prayers off of my board at home (more about that in a bit!) and went on strike for a few days from my praying. What I had forgotten at the time was that God has a plan for all of us even if it's not always clear to us what it is. So yes, pray hardest when it's hardest to pray, but never forget to praise Him for the good in your life as well. Don't just ask Him for help when you need it most (life isn't a charity!), thank and praise Him for all that He has already done for you, no matter how minuscule.

So on another Pin (yes, I am obsessed with Pinterest!) that I saw was a frame that you would write daily love notes on the glass with dry erase markers. So I whipped out my scrapbook supplies and got to work making a very inexpensive mock-up of that craft. Instead of love notes though (which we do switch up with sometimes: "I Love You Because...") I write "Today I am Thankful For..." or "I Praise God For..." I encourage My Hubby to jot a note down if he feels like it, but some of the things that I've put down are as simple as Ladybug's Smile or Another Beautiful Day. Doesn't have to be much, but it gets my day started in the right direction when I take a few minutes just to think of a few praises to write down. Try it, I bet it will put a little bounce in your step too! :) 

So this post was a bit different than most and yet it's still connected to my last few. The things that I am most thankful for are what I've already blogged about, My Hubby, My Ladybug, my family, and the wonderful life that God has chosen for me--- even on those days when I have to remember to Pray Harder When It's Hardest to Pray!

No comments:

Post a Comment